Business Advice/How To
Business advice is a fundamental component in promoting economic development in the Falkland Islands.
Do you already run a business? Looking to expand, diversify or just looking to consolidate?
Our staff have a wealth of experience across a range of sectors and are available to help you.
Have you got a business idea? Thinking of starting a new business?
We recognise that taking that idea and making it a success can be daunting; it can raise more questions than answers:
- What do I need to do?
- How do I go about doing it?
- What is a business plan?
- What will it cost?
We can help with:
- Building a realistic plan for your business, so your business grows the way you want it to.
- Analysis of current cash-flows to help ensure you have the funds to operate now and into the future.
- Looking at ways of raising capital for future growth.
- Producing a realistic budget and time line to help you achieve your goals.
- Accessing finance for your business.
- Advice on marketing
Where to start
- Please note that the template was originally for UK businesses, so some information may not be relevant to the Falkland Islands (i.e. National Insurance tax). An updated and Falkland Islands relevent version is coming soon.
For more information on enterprise, getting involved in business and starting your own, check out these websites.
They include further details on starting a business, writing a business plan, planning, training, and much more…
They also include stories and advice from entrepreneurs.
- The Falkland Islands Development Corporation is not responsible for content or policies of third party websites.
Community Development Scheme
The Falkland Islands Government offers the Community Development Scheme (CDS), which aims to encourage training and development in the local community.
There is currently a budget of £200,000 per annum allocated to this scheme (with significant under spend from the previous financial years).
Applications are encouraged from people interested in undertaking some form of personal development or training.